Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Valencia Foam

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tarnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I obtained a pair of what turn out to be 846A Valencias. At least all of the components are the same, case dimensions, slotted port everthing that I know of matches. When I got them they had foam velcroed to the front. Along the way one of the foam pieces came adrift and got chewed up by one of my dogs. I am looking for replacement foam to replace the missing piece. The foam is brown that matches the walnut cabinet. It has a raised pattern of 1" squares on 1.5" centers.

    Does any know where I can get replacement foam?

    Terry
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tarnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As a followup I was able to get a picture of the foam posted. Here is the URL.

    http://terryarnold.net/images/Valencia.foam.jpg

    For scale the swiss army knife is 3.5" in length. I measured the cells as 1" square on 1.5" centers.

    Terry
    [email protected]

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    I guess you know these aren't stock. More than likely yours were cut from roll stock that used to be sold by RadioShack, Parts Express, Madisound, etc.. Anyway, foam grills are passe' now in the DIY market, especially big ones, so unless you want to make some from grill cloth you'll probably have to get some basic acoustically transparent material and/or have them custom made. Foamex and Newfoam are the only ones that come to mind at the moment, so try Googling for more possible options.

    GM

  4. #4
    Inactive Member marshallh's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2005
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    G'day Terry,

    Did a websearch for "foam loudspeaker grill' and several promising sites were found. I looked at one site called Newfoam(http://www.newfoam.com/foamgrill.asp) which may suit your needs.

    Regards, Marshall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.